Big fan of our work and want to see if you can try it out yourself? Apply for a spot on API Legal Outreach’s Youth Advisory Council!
The Youth Advisory Council is a program at API Legal Outreach that serves as an extension of our organization’s social justice legal work, with a specific emphasis on preventing relationship violence. Our group harnesses the power of high school youth to address systemic problems in the Asian and Pacific Islander community through workshops, special events, advocacy campaigns, and media arts projects.
The program requirements are as follows:
- You must be a teen aged 13-18, and able to commit at least one full year to the program (preferably, at least two).
- We meet every other Sunday from 9 AM to 12 PM, alternating between our San Francisco and Oakland offices. You MUST be able to attend meetings, as well as occasional special events, on both sides of the Bay.
- You must make 20 out of 30 meeting hours and attend one mandatory event per pay period to receive your stipend.
- You must be able to attend API-ACT, a week-long intern training during the summer. The dates of API-ACT this summer are Monday, August 7 to Friday, August 11 from 9 AM-5 PM.
- You do NOT have to be Asian or Pacific Islander to join! The Youth Advisory Council is for everyone. 🙂