Tomorrow, January 20, marks the 175th day that Bresha Meadows has been in jail for defending herself and her family from her abusive father. Today is a national day of action for the #FreeBresha Campaign, a campaign demanding Bresha be reunited with her family and all charges against her are dropped. As youth fighting against domestic abuse, intimate partner abuse, and violence of all kinds, we stand with Bresha and hope that she’ll be able to come home soon.
Here are some things that you can do to learn more about the case and support Bresha!
- Visit https://freebresha.wordpress.com/ to learn more about Bresha’s story, as well as the disproportionate impact of domestic violence and criminalization on young black women
- Send Bresha a <3 note on http://solidaritywithbresha.com/
- Read our statement against pressing charges against Bresha
- Listen to awesome empowering music on our #FreeBresha Spotify playlist!
- Check out some more great ideas on using this day of action to spread awareness about this powerful issue!
Bresha Meadows isn’t a criminal; Bresha is a hero. We stand with Bresha in solidarity–will you stand with us too?
Art by Kathy Liang