YAC IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW APPLICANTS. THE APPLICATION CYCLE WILL END JULY 1ST, 2021, WHEN INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED. PLEASE ACCESS OUR APPLICATION BY PRESSING “APPLY NOW” ON THE TOP RIGHT LINK OF THE PAGE.
Are you passionate about social justice and want to learn how to be an advocate? Apply for an internship with APILO’s Youth Advisory Council!
As a YAC member, you’ll be an official intern of API Legal Outreach and gain valuable training in:
- social justice leadership
- public speaking
- research and writing
- core values and teamwork
- critical thinking
- addressing issues facing API communities on community, statewide, and national levels
- professional experience interning at a community-based non-profit organization
The program requirements are as follows:
- You must be a teen aged 13-18, and able to commit at least one full year to the program (preferably, at least two).
- We meet every other Sunday from 9 AM to 12 PM, alternating between APILO San Francisco and Oakland offices. You MUST be able to attend meetings, as well as occasional special events, on both sides of the Bay.
- You must make 20 out of 30 meeting hours and attend one mandatory event per pay period to receive your stipend.
- You must be able to attend API-ACT, a week-long intern training during the summer. The dates of API-ACT next summer will be updated in 2021.
- You do NOT have to be Asian or Pacific Islander to join! The Youth Advisory Council is for everyone. 🙂